There are many reasons why you may be thinking of coming to counselling. You could be going through a period of emotional distress due to the loss of your job or status, the death of someone close, the impending breakup of your relationship or a recent breakup. Maybe you are experiencing high levels of anxiety, depression or stress which is affecting your normal ability to cope with everyday life. Maybe you may have no idea why you feel so bad and need to explore what could be causing your distress. Try not to despair. Your Life Can Get Better.
Things to Remember:
- Mental health issues are common and treatable
- Take action early – the sooner the better
- Mental health issues are not weaknesses
- Talking about mental health issues raises awareness and reduces stigma
- You deserve a better life